Fertility Yoga has been proven time and time again to help improve the chances of conception when undergoing fertility treatments as well as boosting your fertility naturally.
Fertility yoga is so effective as its ability to cut your stress and keep the body better balanced both physically and emotionally.
These exercises enhance fertility by stimulating hormone levels and improving blood and nutrients supply to reproductive organs like ovaries, eggs, tubes, uterus, testes and prostate. In doing this they maximize the vitality of these organs. Regular Yoga practice helps to release stress and most importantly yoga can help regain sexual stamina. Thus Yoga can be a effective approach for many couples to let their dreams come true.
There are a number of different benefits that the body can experience from performing fertility yoga. Fertility Yoga helps to increase the energy flow through the body which improves the function of endocrine and reproductive system. Its helps the body to maintain homeostasis, which is essential for the body to operate properly and at it's finest.
BENEFITS OF FERTILITY YOGA.
Fertility yoga provides many benefits while preparing for conception. Some of these benefits are:
- Support and "Resets" the endocrine system which helps to balance hormones.
- May help to clear adhesions and blockages in the reproductive areas.
- Increases circulation to the reproductive system(especially to ovaries and uterus).
- Supports a healthy immune system and supports the body in detoxifying.
- Acquisition of a positive attitude.
- Reduced level of anxiety.
- Brings peace and vitality to the conception journey.
- Creates an environment of clarity and reduces stress.
YOGA POSTURES FOR FERTILITY
Legs Up The Wall Posture
- It helps release stress locked in the lower back, but most importantly if practiced right after sex, it encourages the sperm to penetrate deeper into the female reproductive organs.
- Place a folded towel underneath your tailbone while you rest your legs on the wall. • Your tailbone should tilt toward the ceiling so that the pubic bone is pointing upward.
- Your shoulders, arms, and head should be resting on the floor.
- Once you are in the correct pelvic position, allow the legs to relax by bending the knees allowing the abdominal and pelvic floor to relax completely.
- Breath slowly using your abdominal muscles.
- You can stay in this position for at least 20 minutes.
- Do not practice this pose if you are menstruating.
- This posture will help you to reduce stress and find a way to connect your mind with your body. Practice it every day for at least 20 minutes. This yoga for fertility pose is indicated for both partners.
- Lie on the floor and relax.
- Relax your body and let your jaw become loose.
- Close your eyes and pay attention to your breathing pattern.
- Inhale a long and slow breath, followed by an equally long and slow exhalation.
- Feel your abdomen lifting during the inhalation and visualize healing and soothing energy of white, pink or orange color fill your pelvic organs.
- During exhalation, feel you abdomen going down and imagine all the blocks that prevent you from getting pregnant going away.
- Continue this practice for 5 to 10 breaths, and then allow your breath to assume its own natural rhythm.
- If your mind wonders and you start to think about things that make you tense or worried, simple acknowledge your thoughts and then send them away in your next exhale breathe.
- To come out of this yoga posture, bend one knee and roll over to your side. Stay there for a couple of breaths before getting up slowly
Supported Bridge Posture
This yoga for fertility posture brings stimulating energy and increased blood supply to your pelvic organs. Like for many yoga posture, do not do this pose if you are menstruating.
- Start in a sitting position and slowly roll down vertebra by vertebra until you lie on your back.
- Bend your knees gently one by one and make sure your feet are flat on the floor.
- Make sure your face looking at the ceiling.
- Place your arms out to the side.
- Make sure that your tailbone is tilted toward your navel and you are not straining your back.
- Move your feet toward your buttock.
- Slowly push your buttocks off the floor into a bridge pose.
- Hold your hands behind your back or place a pillow or a blanket underneath your tailbone to prop you up.
- Start breathing with your belly gently.
- Stay in this pose as long as it feels comfortable.
- To come out of this pose, lower your hips to the floor, roll carefully to one side, using your arms to help you slowly come to a sitting position.
It empowers you and releases any fears that may create mental blocks
- Sit on your knees.
- Lift your buttocks slightly so that you can move your feet apart, placing them just on either side of your buttocks.
- Keep your knees together.
- Place the palms of your hands on you lap.
- Stretch your torso up and look straight ahead.
- Continue breathing slowly and stay in this pose as long as you want.
Couples yoga is becoming extremely popular, particularly amongst those who are experiencing Fertility difficulties.
- In couples yoga, positions are performed with the help of a partner.
- It works to bring couples together, improving communication and interconnectivity
There are many yoga postures that bring energy and vitality to the reproductive organs, but this one is very effecting in increasing blood flow as well.
- Lie face down with your feet together and your toes pointing behind you.
- Place your hands flat on the floor close to your body and beside your rib cage.
- As you inhale, gently push off your hands, lifting your head and chest off the ground and tilt your head back.
- Feel your chest moving forward as well as upward, this will help you from straining the lower back. Go as far as it feels comfortable.
- Exhale and gently move your head toward the floor with your forehead almost touching it.
- Lift yourself up to a sitting position going through a kneeling position.
- Butterfly pose is very similar to lotus posture except that you put your feet together and then pull them in as close to your body as you can while keeping your back straight. Then you rest your hands on your feet and breath deeply.
- You should close your eyes and then focus on your internal organs that are in the pelvic area. Visualize the blood flowing in this area and then relax the muscles there as well.
Wide Angle Posture
All yoga poses are design to reduce stress and this pose will definitely help to increase relaxation and brings positive energy to the uterus.
- Sit on the floor with your legs wide apart.
- Do not stretch your legs too much, just find a comfortable position.
- Make sure you are feeling relaxed.
- Focus on releasing tension from your legs.
- Lean forward and go as far as you can. If you are not very flexible you can support yourself with a pillow or a chair.
- Close your eyes and breath gently with your belly.
- Stay in this position as long as it feels comfortable.
- Make sure that your neck and spine are long and straight.
- Come up a little if you feel like you are stooping forward with your shoulders.
- Close your eyes, breathe gently, and relax for as long as it feels comfortable.
Bound Angle Posture
It increases circulation to the pelvic area, making this a great yoga exercise to increase fertility and relieve menstrual pain.
- Sit with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend your knees closer to your body and pull your heels toward your pubic bone.
- Drop your knees to the sides. Make sure to do this movement gently and slowly. Find the position that is most comfortable for you.
- Make sure the sole of your feet come together.
- Hold on to your ankles or if you can, grab your toes. Make sure you are comfortable.
- Keep your back straight. Lift your breast bone gently upward and lower your shoulders.
- Stay in this pose for several breaths. Remember to breathe gently and slowly using you abdominal muscles.
- To come out of this pose, lift your knees up from the floor and straighten your legs in front on you.
The Lotus Posture(Padmasana)
- The lotus posture centers the body, aids the abdominal muscles and reproductive areas.
- Start by sitting down cross.
- Legged as you normally would.
- Then slowly lift the right leg, bending at the hip not the knee.
- Place the right foot lightly in the bend of your left arm and the right knee in the bend of your right arm.
- Relax and slowly put the right foot over the left thigh with the right knee touching the floor.
- Repeat the sequence with the left leg.
- Let your index and thumb fingers of each hand touch and rest each arm on your legs.
- Child's pose helps to rejuvenate the body and thus can help you to relax and hopefully increase the chances of getting pregnant. For child's pose get down on your hands and knees and then lean forward stretching your arms and hands above your head against the floor.
- Wiggle your buttocks to help loosen the muscles in your lower back. Rest your forehead against the floor. If this is too uncomfortable, you can also bring your arms back down and rest your forehead against them instead.